Wednesday, January 20, 2016

You & Me

You & Me

Such a simple phrase on a card that evokes one of my favorite songs. Did you ever watch The 4400? This song was in the episode where Tom meets  Alana and they romantically fall in love thanks to her ability to create an alternate reality in which they were together for 8 years in the span of a few minutes and the moment they leave the alternate reality Tom rushes to find her and they dramatically kiss at the end when they are reunited…after less than 10 minutes with not knowing each other previously. Yes, I’m a Sci-Fi geek and a romantic at heart.  So naturally, anytime I hear this song I think of that episode. Of course. ;)

 

You&Me

Anyway, onto my card. My husband would be rolling his eyes at The 4400 reference but I think he could appreciate a super sweet and simple Valentine’s card. I watercolored the pink background with my Zig watercolor markers, and then heat embossed the two stamps in gold from So Much Love (MFT). Thanks to my MISTI it was super easy to line them up and get pretty accurate placement. (And thanks to my friend Susan for letting me use this when we were crafting last Saturday!)

You&Me CloseUp

I mounted the watercolored and embossed panel onto a Pool Party cardstock base and love the contrast of colors here. Very simple but super fun and easy.

I’m linking up to the Paper Players Clean and Simple Valentine’s Challenge.

So, do you have any cheesy rememberances for songs in movies or tv shows like I do?! ;)

3 comments:

laurie said...

Love that soft water colored background..perfect background for the gold sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week, Kandi!

stampwithsandy said...

Such a wonderfully simple and beautiful card, Kandi. Your watercolored background is perfect for the gold embossed sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with my Valentine Challenge at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Your watercolored background is fabulous and that little pop of gold is perfect. Such a grea take on the challenge. SO glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee