Monday, July 7, 2014

Celebrate!

I found some much needed crafty time while Jake and the kids were at the pool on Sunday. I had a little too much sun the past few days so decided to stay indoors and play. You could definitely say it was a celebration of sorts. :)

It’s been awhile since I’ve been stampy so I started off by working with a couple challenges. I also made this card with someone in mind!

Celebrate

I saw a card recently that was in the back of my mind when creating this card. The sailboat on this card by Melissa Davies was paper pieced and I thought I could achieve the look of a sailboat with the new What’s Your Type stamp set. I can’t wait to play with this set more, I bet you can make so many different shape combinations with this versatile set!  I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the Float theme from CASology to create this card.

Celebrate CloseUp

The base is Coastal Cabana, and the Real Red strip was embossed with the Folder Arrows embossing folder. I stamped the sailboat and then layered a strip of Night of Navy and Silver Glimmer Paper top off the layers, along with a couple staples. The sentiment was embossed in white powder and came from the June Paper Pumpkin kit. A little sailor’s knot in Coastal Cabana thick baker’s twine finished off the card.

Now to get this card in the mail…I really am the worst at mailing cards! ;)

  FMS Final 143-001

Week 102 - Float

3 comments:

Karren said...

The colors on this card are so striking - perfect for the geometric elements. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Rita W said...

Super fun, graphic card. I love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Melissa said...

What an awesome card, Kandi! I LOVE the colors you used together and I'm seriously impressed by that sailor's knot!!! Wow!
Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at CASology! :)