Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thank You Dahlia

Sometimes as a card maker you might finish a card and think, “Huh, that’s kind of ugly.” You’re not quite sure where you went wrong, or what you can do to recover your card. It definitely doesn’t mirror what you were thinking of or had imagined in your head when you first set out to make the card. Most card makers don’t share their self-proclaimed ugly cards. ;)  Now, although I don’t totally hate this card I’m about to show you, I have my doubts about it.

Why would I share an “ugly” card though? Well, I think we all have those moments where the creative juices didn’t flow just right, and we look at blogs and galleries filled with gorgeous cards…every.single.card. is beautiful and we wonder why we’re not that talented or why we couldn’t we come up with that idea or pair that color combo the way someone else did. That’s when you realize we all make bad cards, but we choose to keep the ugliness off our blogs and don’t share them with the light of day and the rest of the world.  :) Wait, I’m not the only one that does that right?! ;)

DSC_0666

So this little card is getting a bad rap when it’s not that horrible...maybe. ;) I used inspiration from the  Mod Squad  crew to create a project that uses flowers and the color combo from  Sunday Stamps and tried to think Spring in both challenges!

Although it might not be my favorite card I’ve ever made, I know my mom or sister or friend would love it. :) And that’s what is important – making cards for friends and family and watching their reaction at receiving a handmade card.

Supplies (All supplies Stampin’ Up!)

CS: Crumb Cake, Whisper White   Stamp: Regarding Dahlias   Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake  Misc: linen thread, top note die, big shot, candy dot, washi tape

Badge  ss69f

6 comments:

Kathya said...

Oh Kandi, your card is NOT horrible! I like it! Like the multiple times you stamped the sentiment and how you used the washi tape. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will join us again.

Kathya said...

Oh Kandi, your card is NOT horrible! I like it! Like the multiple times you stamped the sentiment and how you used the washi tape. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will join us again.

Hayley Kew said...

Lovely design :) Great use of the washi tape! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps. We sure hope to see you again soon!!!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love that dahlia image on the top note die cut piece. The green washi tape and twine create a nice accent. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week--please join us again soon!
:) Marie

Joan said...

Ha - love how you used washi tape to attach the Top Note. I have not used that die in so long! Thanks for the reminder to bring it out again. Thanks, also, for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

OttawaMom said...

Clean and simple and not horrible at all! Totally reminds me of spring! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!